Last week we shared with you the service and process behind designing custom-made pieces here at Tobin Jewelers. Personal, one-of-a-kind, and forever appreciated, engagement rings and wedding bands are hands down the most requested pieces clients want customized when they choose Tobin. A symbol of your commitment as a couple and a ring you’re going to wear daily, our artists know the importance of loving your ring-a detail we don’t take lightly.
Today, couples have more options than ever when it comes to choosing their bands. Trends jewelers nationwide are seeing include:
• Brides who want colored stones. Champagne and blush colored gem requests in particular are on the rise, and brides are discovering the subtle hint of color not present in a traditional diamond is a great way to personalize the statement stone of their engagement ring.
• Personalized inscriptions. Having messages from the bride and groom to eachother engraved on the inside of his and hers bands is a great way to customize. Short lyrics, sentiments, or dates are popular choices for couples looking to wear a secret message from their beloved.
• Bands that match a vintage or heirloom piece. In 2013, vintage is still trending with ladies often requesting an antique or vintage-style engagement ring. Additionally, brides sometimes receive the ring of a grandmother or mother who has passed at the time of their engagement. This means, if you’re looking for a wedding band to complement, you might need the aide of a master jeweler to ensure the type of metal will coordinate with your older ring without looking out of place.
• Eternity Bands. Some brides are electing to go with rings that don’t contain a larger, statement diamond, but rather a ring that contains small diamonds or stones wrapped around the entirety of the band. Couples can customize these rings by choosing their favorite stones or selecting a design or pattern that continues throughout the circumference of the band.
• Yellow gold is making a comeback. Classic and elegant, many couples are choosing to customize with a more traditional gold band. This often gives brides the feeling that they share a bond with mothers and grandmothers who often sport this ‘more traditional’ metal.
However you choose to customize your bridal jewelry, our master jewelers at both our Mequon and New Berlin locations can help you and your fiancé create rings that reflect your unique personalities and style. Even if you’re not sure what look you’re going for, we can show you a variety of options to help narrow down what elements you love. In the end, the custom process is always worth it and our couples always leave happy that they chose to personalize their rings. It’s the perfect way to say ‘I love you.’